In Coventry and Warwickshire there are a number of independent agencies who we work closely with who can provide you with counselling and an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA). An ISVA is a trained specialist whose goal is to ensure appropriate support, safety and wellbeing of clients who have experienced sexual violence or abuse.
The service an ISVA provides includes:
- Initial assessment of the support that you need.
- Drawing up of a care plan and involvement of any other partner agencies required.
- Confidential and impartial advice that is not linked to the police.
- Regular and ongoing telephone contact.
- Face to face meetings and support.
- Help with advice on housing issues.
- Detailed understanding of the court process and the criminal justice system.
- Attendance with you at any police interviews or court proceedings.
- Liaison between you, the police, the CPS and barristers acting on your behalf.
- Emotional support and guidance.
- Support in reporting your assault to the police if you were first a self referral to the Blue Sky Centre.
- Assistance with Criminal Injuries Compensation Claims.